Tl;dr: I am moving on from my side project, Everblog. As a result I’ve also decided to change my primary blogging platform.
So Long, Everblog
Everblog was a fun project. I learned a lot working on the site, in fact I’ve slacked off on continuing the series of post regarding the lessons I learned. However, I’ve decided it’s time to move on, here are a few high level reasons on why:
- Evernote just doesn’t do HTML well for blog posts
- Postach.io Kicks my butt in terms of features, and they have Evernote’s blessing
- I don’t have time to support the site the way I would like to
I am going to set a hard deadline and then take down the production site. I’ll keep the dev instance around and won’t allow new users to sign up. I’ll have more details on this once I figure it out.
I’ve been wanting to check out Ghost and Azure. I had an afternoon off and decided to go for it. Now we have the blog you are currently looking at today. Ghost seems like a really cool platform, so I wanted to dive into it 100%.
I already bumped into a few issues in Ghost:
- No instant Google analytics setup
- Not sure the best way to host images
- Not sure if I should customize the Casper theme or make a new one
None of these are show stoppers, but it’s kind of annoying. However, that’s kind of the point. Node seems pretty cool so I might as well make myself knee deep in it.
My next set of goals for the blog are:
- Import all articles from my previous site
- Customize this site a bit
- Write more
Here’s to the future. Let’s see how this turns out!